Jack Ferguson (entrepreneur, host of The Push business podcast) and I caught up recently.
It became clear very quickly that we were in similar situations. Having both gone through big challenges and change in our businesses, and neither of us really knowing what the next step is, it seemed like a good idea to explore this on Jack’s podcast.
In this episode we speak about:
- How and why I’m working at decoupling my identity
- What was waking me up in the middle of the night.
- What recently happened to Jack that has him in a tailspin.
- Choosing to hit publish on vulnerable content.
- Becoming more of who I am.
- Trying not to mentally fast forward through crappy times.
- How to do the work of defining values to use them to navigate uncertainty.
It’s cool to be able to share this kind of thing publicly, so thanks to Jack for initiating it. You can find him on LinkedIn.
Apple Podcasts: https://lnkd.in/g4d4Fww
Google Podcasts: https://lnkd.in/gVA7Rzy
Conversation Time Stamps
3:00 What business are you currently involved in?
5:25 Why have you done decoupling work?
8:45 Why were you getting up at 3am?
19:00 Why cutting away is usually superior to addition.
21:25 What impacts achievement more? Personal attributes or one’s environment?
28:00 Why did you decide to post vulnerable content recently?
34:20 What questions do you ask to understand who you are?
39:00 Strategy vs Execution.
42:20 How long did you feel content after the olympics?
45:20 How did you manage identity changes when moving between careers?
50:00 What are your experiences of going all in?
Reference Links and Resources